I am a principal consultant at Readify, an Australian based software consultation firm, working with some of the smartest people in the industry.
I started my career in the software and IT industry 20 years ago. I founded a company called Aram Systems to provide computer and networking services back in 97. I assembled computers, performed troubleshooting, setup networks and provided network administration for small companies. A couple of years later I joined a company as a software developer as that was always my passion. Since then I have worked in three continents and with over 20 different teams and organisations wearing many different hats. I’ve been a programmer, consultant, tech lead, architect, BA, QA, product manager, software delivery principal, agile and lean coach, executive advisor and CTO to name a few.
I am a dad, husband, fitness and health junkie, and (less and less frequently) blogger and presenter.
I enjoy public presentation and over the years I’ve spoken in a handful of conferences and user groups. I’ve written about some of my presentations. You can find them below (some of them also included video recording of the session):
- Microservices lessons from trenches
- Automated UI Testing Done Right at DDD Sydney
- Advanced Web Debugging With Fiddler at DDD Brisbane
- Working With Offline Web Application at What Do You Know Night from Web Directions conference.
You can also find a few slidedecks on SlideShare.
This is a curated list of some of the more popular posts on my blog.
- Be clear and explicit about your values and expectations
- Never judge a programmer by their commit history
- Dealing With Net Negative Producing Programmers : who are Net Negative Producing Programmers and how we can deal with them.
- It’s sometimes OK to write bad code
- Stop Discriminating: venting out a sore personal experience with racial discrimination.
- BDD To The Rescue: why BDD matters and how it can help.
- Definition of Done: Definition of Done I used in a web project which can be used as a reference.
- ORM Anti Pattern Series: a series of posts where I explain some of the common anti patterns I have come across when dealing with Object Relational Mapping (AKA ORM). The whole series has been very popular; but these are the three posts that stand out amongst all:
- Fiddler In Action tutorial part 1 and part 2: an extensive tutorial on using Fiddler web debugging proxy.
- Writing Maintainable UI Tests article on NetTuts: a few tips on how to write maintainable UI tests.
- Working with offline web applications: a tutorial about writing web applications with offline support along with a working sample.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery with TeamCity for GitHub projects
- BDDfy In Action series: an extensive tutorial for my open source BDD framework for .Net, BDDfy.
- Created BDDfy: the simplest to use and extend BDD framework for .Net.
- Created Humanizer: a .Net framework that meets all your .NET needs for manipulating and displaying strings, dates, times (inc. timespans) and quantities.
- Created and now contributing on Seleno: Seleno helps you write automated UI tests the RIGHT way!
- Co-founded TestStack: a collection of awesome and unique testing tools and frameworks.